Professional learning plays a vital role in building teacher effectiveness and powerful sustainable school-wide change.
High quality professional learning experiences focusing on building quality teachers’ practice can have a significant positive impact on student achievement outcomes.
Our professional learning model recognises that successful professional learning builds on teachers’ existing knowledge and enables opportunities for action, reflection and evaluation. Teachers must use new knowledge and skills if professional learning is to grow and strengthen their practice.
Our professional learning model is based on the following premises:
- That professional learning is focused on the diverse needs of our student learners.
- That professional learning is collaborative- involving individual reflection, sense making and collective inquiry.
- That professional learning is sustained and supported when it involves follow up and opportunities for further learning.
- That professional learning is connected to our schools strategic direction, and brings alive our values and purpose.
- That professional learning is responsive to the diversity of our adult learners, is supported by an effective coaching model and allows teachers to demonstrate how they are using our ‘Professional Standards (hyperlink to code and standards).