Health & Safety CCTV Procedure
RATIONALE: Ōtūmoetai College will use CCTV cameras (exterior and interior as needed) as a means of minimising intentional damage, misuse and inappropriateness in and around the school and student health and safety. This procedure is based upon the Privacy Guidelines for Schools document.
- Interior cameras will only be placed in classrooms / hallways / public spaces where there has been ongoing vandalism / damage / inappropriateness and other means of prevention have not been effective.
- The recorded footage is to be stored in the ICT server room and will not be able to be accessed externally.
- The person in charge of ICT, ICT Technician, Security Manager, Property Manager, Deans, Heads of Department and Senior Leadership Team will have permission to view aspects of the footage.
- The express purpose of the recorded footage is to identify individuals that are responsible for causing intentional damage, misuse and inappropriateness in and around the school and student health and safety.
- Where appropriate and as requested video footage or stills will be shared with the Police.
DELEGATION: The implementation of this procedure is delegated to the Principal and person in charge of ICT.