A key role of the Careers and Pathways department at Ōtumoetai College is ensuring that the Career Competencies are developed. These include:
Deciding and acting
The following Careers services are available:
- One-on-one interviews for Year 13’s and those transitioning out of school as a priority.
- One-on-one interviews for all other students by appointment.
- ‘Drop In’ during Monday and Tuesday lunchtimes for general queries.
- Pathways planning – via Form time and one-on-one interviews.
- Assistance with subject choice for the following year.
- Help with writing C.V.s and seeking part-time work opportunities.
- Full and part-time job vacancies advertised in the department and online.
- Assistance with interview skills.
- Information on Gap year and exchange opportunities.
- Work readiness and employment skills.
- General Career information.
- Various Careers Events throughout the school year
- Guest speakers covering pathway opportunities and tertiary requirements.
- Scholarships – workshops, assistance with application forms and references.
- Visits from liaison staff of tertiary institutes to help students with applications and course planning.
- Opportunities for students to attend “Student for a Day” and “Taster days” at tertiary institutes/organisations.
- Accommodation information and references.